- You’ll need to determine the amount of sod you’ll need. Sod is sold by
the square foot. Take a look at the Kentucky Bluegrass page for surface
- Feel free to give us a call to check current pricing.
- Sod is cut into 7 square foot strips (18”x56”), rolled, and stacked on a pallet.
- Call in your order at 970-247-1055. We’ll schedule a time for pickup that’s convenient for you. Third party delivery can be arranged for larger orders.
- Come by the farm during your pickup time. Payment is processed at this time. Cash, local check, and credit card are all accepted.
- Pallets will fit between the wheel wells of a pickup truck. However, only trucks with at least a 1 ton suspension can safely carry a full pallet.
- Pallets are loaded with a forklift equipped with a telescoping boom which can reach up to 15’ from the end of a trailer, allowing for the loading of high-sided and long trailers.
- A $10 pallet deposit will be refunded when the pallet is returned to the farm.
Please check your vehicle’s maximum carrying capacity before attempting to transport sod.
Sod usually weights about:
- 5 lb per square foot
- 35 lb per roll
- 2400 lb per pallet